# Autorefresh Web Pages
With HARPA AI Chrome Extension, you can set any tab to automatically and periodically refresh and reload. This keeps your web pages up-to-date. It works almost identical to Easy Auto Refresh, Auto Refresh Plus, Tab Auto Refresh and other Chrome plugins. And the best part is that it is completely free.
HARPA AI Autorefresh is highly customizable:
- Set a desired page refresh interval.
- Customize delays for each page or tab independently. Your settings are remembered for each page.
- Select actions to be dispatched whenever a web page updates, goes down, contains text, or returns an HTTP code.
- Integrate notifications, sounds, Make.com / Integromat events, and WebHooks.
# How to Setup Auto Refresh
Make sure you install Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser.
- Navigate to your competitors’ website.
- To keep track of a web page content, open HARPA by clicking its icon in the top right corner of the browser or pressing Alt+A (on Windows) or ^+A (on Mac), and switch over to the AUTOMATE tab at the top of the HARPA window.
- Under the AUTOMATE tab, you will be presented with a list of possible items to track. One of the options is the Auto-refresh monitor. Click on it.
- Schedule your page autorefreshing the way you like it. Pick how often the page should be refreshed.
- [Optional] If you want to be notified on a specific condition, pick a trigger.
- [Optional] Select actions for your trigger, such as sending emails, notifications, calling a webhooks or running Integromat / Make.com scenarios.
- Finally, hit the START button, and you're all set with your auto-refreshing task!
HARPA AI will periodically refresh the page and notify you when the page updates.
# Automations Dashboard
You can always see how your monitors perform by navigating to the HARPA Automations Dashboard.
There are several ways to open this page:
- Simply click the HARPA AI extension icon on an opened, blank browser page.
- Press the HOME button in the HARPA AI interface on any other browser page, and a new tab with an Automations Dashboard will open.
- Simply click the HARPA AI icon in the browser and then click AUTOMATION to open the monitors list. You can filter monitors by website. You can navigate to the full-screen dashboard by clicking DASHBOARD button in the popup interface.
By default monitors run in background once every 3 hours. You can configure how often they run directly from the dashboard. You may also notice a minimized browser window where HARPA AI runs your monitors and automations. If you open that window, you will see the pages HARPA AI is launching for monitoring purposes.
# Use Cases
- 🛍️ Shoppers uses the auto-refresh tool to keep an eye on their favorite items online. When a price drop or a flash sale happens, they get an instant notification and can snag the best deal before it's gone. Check out the Monitor Prices feature for more information.
- 💼 Job Seekers stay on top of new job postings by setting up auto-refresh on their favorite job boards. Whenever a new job matching their criteria is posted, they're the first to know and can apply right away.
- 🎮 Gamers monitor the availability of limited edition consoles or accessories using the auto-refresh tool. When the item is back in stock, they're instantly alerted and can make the purchase before it sells out again.
- 📰 Reporters and Journalists use the auto-refresh and monitor feature to keep up with breaking news stories. If an article is updated, they receive real-time updates, ensuring they're always in the know.
- 📈 Data Analysts use the auto-refresh tool to monitor live data feeds, such as stock prices or cryptocurrency rates. They can set custom intervals and receive notifications when significant changes occur, enabling them to make informed decisions.
# Links for further reading