# Connect HARPA to Make.com
Make.com (previously Integromat) is a powerful cloud-based IFTTT automation and integration platform. It enables everyone to connect various web applications, data sources, and services to automate workflows and streamline data processing.
You can trigger Make.com scenarios from HARPA AI using webhooks. HARPA monitors changes on websites and sends events to Make.com. These events can then be processed in a number of ways e.g.:
- Stored in a Google Sheet, AirTable, Database or a CMS system.
- Broadcast as emails or via messaging apps e.g. Slack, Telegram, Discord etc.
- Assigned as tasks to team members on JIRA, Trello, ClickUp etc.
- Trigger an ActiveCampaign, create a call on Twillio, converted to a Calendar event and much, much more.
This facilitates a wide range of use-cases. In this guide we will cover Make.com integration and two scenarios:
- Sending Telegram notifications using custom Telegram Bot.
- Storing KPI data extracted from a web data in a Google Sheet document.
## How to Create a Make.com Account
- To sign up for Make.com service, navigate to Make.com website in your browser.
- Click Get started free button, which can be found in the center or in the top right corner of the homepage. You'll be directed to a page where you can either sign up with your email address or your Google or Facebook account.
- If you choose to sign up with your email address, enter your name, email address, and a strong password. Select your country and a data hosting region.
- Click on the Sign Up button located at the bottom of the page.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address you provided. Open your email client and click on the verification link to confirm your Make.com account. Once you confirm your account, you will be redirected to the Make.com website:
## Scenario 1: Send Telegram notification on web page update
In this scenario we will set up a HARPA AI monitor, which will parse a web page periodically and send KPI data updates to Make.com which in turn will send it to Telegram app. We will be monitoring a delivery status of a parcel on DHL website.
- Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser with HARPA.AI Chrome Extension.
- Telegram account.
Configuring a Telegram Bot
We will create a Telegram bot to listen for events from Make.com and converting them to Telegram messages:
- Open a Telegram app and log in to your account.
- Connect to BotFather bot at https://telegram.me/BotFather
- To create a new bot, type /newbot into the message box and press enter.
- Enter a name for your new Telegram bot.
- You will receive a message from BotFather, containing the token, which you can use to connect your Telegram Bot to Make.
- Add your Bot into a Telegram group members list by typing its name.
The Telegram Bot configuration is now complete.
Creating a HARPA Monitor
- To keep track of a web page data, such as a product price or in-stock availability, open HARPA AI by clicking its icon in the top right corner of the browser or pressing Alt+A (on Windows) and ^+A (on Mac). Switch over to the MONITOR tab at the top of the HARPA AI window.
- On the MONITOR tab, you'll find a predefined list of items you can track on a web page. You can pick a custom element to track on page by clicking ELEMENT button:
- [Optional] If you only want to be notified on a specific condition, pick a trigger.
- Toggle ON a Make.com Action in your HARPA monitor:
HARPA will ask you to provide a Make Webhook address. Webhook address is a web link where HARPA will send an action event. We can get this link from the Make.com
Creating a Make Scenario
Add HARPA AI Web Monitor app to your Make.com organisation clicking the INSTALL APP button in the HARPA app. You will be redirected to Make.com, then:
- Add the Watch Task Finished instant trigger to your scenario on Make.com:
- Edit the Instant Trigger, click Add button and copy-paste the webhook address from Make.com into the HARPA AI Monitor.
- [Optional] To verify if the Make.com - HARPA AI connection works, click the 'Run Once' button in Make and the Send Test Event button in HARPA AI.
- Add Telegram module to your scenario. Locate the TelegramBot integration in Make and select Send a Text Message or a Reply.
- Add new Telegram Connection by pasting a Token from your Telegram.
- To set up a trigger that sends a Telegram message when it's activated, enter the link to your group chat, e.g. @YourGroupName, and then write the message you want to send. You can combine text and items suggested by HARPA AI in your message. Click OK button.
- Save and turn ON your Make Scenario.
Done! You will receive a message in the bot chat when the text on the page changes.
Now you can automate your online shopping and web monitoring with HARPA.AI and Make.com. Enjoy the convenience of receiving timely notifications. You can customise schedule, triggers, actions and other parameters of your HARPA monitor.
## Scenario 2: Storing Web Data in a Google Sheets
- To keep track of a web page, such as a product price or availability, open HARPA AI by clicking its icon in the top right corner of the browser or pressing Alt+A (on Windows) and ^+A (on Mac). Switch over to the MONITOR tab at the top of the HARPA AI window.
- On the MONITOR tab, you'll find a list of trackable items that you can track. Monitor a custom element by clicking ELEMENTbutton. Lets’ track someone's social media presence by monitoring changes in the number of comments or likes on their Tweet.
- Navigate to Make.com and install the HARPA AI Web Monitor app using the INSTALL APP button under Actions.
- Add Watch Task Finished instant trigger to your scenario by locating HARPA AI Web monitor.
- Edit the Instant Trigger, click Add button and then copy-paste the webhook address from Make.com into the HARPA AI Monitor.
- [Optional] Verify the connection by clicking the 'Run Once' button in Make and the Send Test Event button in HARPA AI.
- Add another module to your scenario. Find the Google Sheets and push the Add a row button.
- Sign in using your Google account in Make.com to continue.
- Create a Google Sheet file in your GoogleDrive and select it as theSpreadsheet ID. Choose the SheetName, usually named Sheet1.
- Choose the values to store in the table. In this example, they are the date and time for the Time field and the number of likes for the Likes field. Then press OK button.
- You can test your scenario by clicking the Run once.
Using HARPA AI, you can extract and log any parseable information, set up a tracking schedule, select specific data points to record, and create various scenarios. The tool is highly customizable to suit your personal and professional web monitoring needs.
## Customisation Options
- Schedule Interval. HARPA runs monitors periodically. You can choose the running frequency from 15 seconds and up to one month. Running checks too ofter puts extra work on your machine and web servers. Some websites may log you out or ask to pass CAPTCHA test. It is recommended to always pick a reasonable delay such as 1 check every 3 hours for non-critical monitors.
- Trigger. Trigger is a condition that HARPA AI checks every time the monitor task is run. The following trigger options are currently available:
- do not trigger
- value changes
- value is up
- value is down
- value is over X
- value is under X
- value is within X / Y
- value is outside X / Y
- value contains text
- value missing text
- item is removed
## Limitations & Troubleshooting
- HARPA works on your device, so monitoring is available when the computer is turned on and the browser is active.
- If you experience a connection error in Make.com web interface (e.g. “Failed to connect to remote server. t.split is not a function), simply log out and log back in to Make.com: