# Autorefresh Web Pages
With HARPA AI Chrome Extension, you can set any tab to automatically and periodically refresh and reload. This keeps your web pages up-to-date. It works almost identical to Easy Auto Refresh, Auto Refresh Plus, Tab Auto Refresh and other Chrome plugins. And the best part it is completely free.
HARPA AI Autorefresh is highly customizable:
- Set a desired page refresh interval.
- Customize delays for each page or tab independently. Your settings are remembered for each page.
- Select actions to be dispatched whenever a web page updates, goes down, contains text, or returns an HTTP code.
- Integrate notifications, sounds, Make.com / Integromat events, and WebHooks.
## How to set Auto Refresh
Make sure you install Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser.
- Get free HARPA AI Chrome Extension from the Official Chrome WebStore
- To keep track of a web page, such as a product price, open HARPA AI Plugin by clicking its icon in the top right corner of the browser or pressingAlt+A (on Windows) and ^+A (on Mac), and switch over to the MONITOR tab at the top of HARPA window.
- In the MONITOR tab, you will be presented with a list of possible items to track. One of the options is the Auto-refresh monitor. Click on it.
- Schedule your page monitoring the way you like it. Pick how often the page should be refreshed:
- [Optional] If you want to be notified on a specific condition, pick a trigger.
- [Optional] Select actions for your trigger, such as sending E-Mails, Notifications, calling a WebHooks or running Integromat / Make.com scenarios.
- Finally, hit the START button, and you're all set with your auto-refreshing task!
HARPA AI will periodically refresh the page and notify you when the page updates.
## Monitors Dashboard
You can check how your monitors perform by navigating to the HARPA AI Dashboard. Simply click the HARPA AI icon in browser and then click MONITOR to open the monitors list. You can filter monitors by website or create new monitors from that page.
You can navigate to the full-screen dashboard by clicking DASHBOARD button in the popup interface:
## Auto-refresh Customization Options
You can customize schedule, triggers, actions and other parameters of your auto-refresh.
- Schedule Interval. Monitors are run periodically and you can choose the running frequency from 15 seconds and up to one month. Running checks too ofter puts extra work on your machine and web servers. Some websites may log you out or ask to pass CAPTCHA test. It is recommended to always pick a reasonable delay such as 1 check every 3 hours for non-critical monitors.
- Trigger. Trigger is a condition that HARPA AI checks every time the monitor task is run. This way you can check if the web page updates, is down / up, contains text or returns an HTTP error. Once the task is triggered, HARPA AI fires actions.
- Actions. Actions are performed whenever trigger fires and include showing notification, sending email, playing sound, calling webhook or make.com (Integromat) integration. You can turn actions ON or OFF and specify when they should be run (first trigger, every trigger, every run). The last option is especially helpful if you would like to send data from HARPA AI to GoogleSheet via Make.com.
- Before Run. You can tell HARPA AI to wait for page to load, hide cookie banners, wait for text to appear or scroll the page down and up before the trigger check is run.
By setting up a combination of triggers and actions you can instruct HARPA AI to send you an email whenever web page is down/up or returns an HTTP code.
More alerting channels coming soon including Zapier, Slack, Telegram, and SMS. Let us know if you’d like some channel to be implemented sooner.
## Use Cases
- 🛍️ Shoppers uses the auto-refresh tool to keep an eye on their favorite items online. When a price drop or a flash sale happens, they get an instant notification and can snag the best deal before it's gone. Check out the Monitor Prices feature for more information.
- 💼 Job Seekers stay on top of new job postings by setting up auto-refresh on their favorite job boards. Whenever a new job matching their criteria is posted, they're the first to know and can apply right away.
- 🎮 Gamers monitor the availability of limited edition consoles or accessories using the auto-refresh tool. When the item is back in stock, they're instantly alerted and can make the purchase before it sells out again.
- 📰 Reporters and Journalists use the auto-refresh and monitor feature to keep up with breaking news stories. If an article is updated, they receive real-time updates, ensuring they're always in the know.
- 📈 Data Analysts use the auto-refresh tool to monitor live data feeds, such as stock prices or cryptocurrency rates. They can set custom intervals and receive notifications when significant changes occur, enabling them to make informed decisions.